|Radiation Protection Services|
Offered services cover several and diverse applications related to radiation protection services. These subsections are summarized below:
- Radiation Protection Services for Man-Made Industrial Sources:
Multi Phase Flow Meters (MPFM)
Training services related to radiation protection from the emission of radiation from sealed and unsealed radioactive sources.
- Performs tests of radioactive contamination and on-site collection of leak tests of sealed sources.
- Conducts radioactive decontamination.
- Consults on restrictions for radiation exposure.
- Calculates shielding requirements ad design shielding for new facilities.
- Determine controlled and supervised radiation areas.
- Provides consultation on the management and security of radiation sources.
- Performs radiation survey around various types of x-ray screening machines (medical and industrial) and assure their compliance.
- Detects and quantifies the radioactive sources in metal scrap.
- Selects and purchases required radiation survey monitors.
- Radiation Protection from Natural Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM):
On site monitoring of the Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) and NORM waste disposal.
- Measures NORM contamination levels in pipes, tanks, scale and sludge.
- Surveys and measures indoor radon (in houses and offices) using internationally approved alpha nuclear track technology.
- Conducts radiation surveys around oil well heads and production platforms.
- Conducts natural radioactivity surveys in soil, water and air.
- Provides services of measuring and protection from environmental radioactivity.
- Identifies radioactivity level in environmental samples.
- Radiation Services to Hospitals and Medical Clinics
- Conducts regular radiation surveys for dental and diagnostic x-rays in hospitals, medical and dental clinics and assures their x-ray machine compliance surveys.
- Monitors and measures personnel radiation doses in hospital and working areas.
- Compliance Monitoring with National and Companies Regulations
- Provides on-site assessments/Audits of existing Radiation protection program of a facility with national and major companies’ radiation protection regulations/standards.
- Prepares reports summarizing the expected findings prior to the visit of an inspection authority.
- Prepares the needed formalities for new Radiation Practice Licenses according to government regulation.
- Writes radiation protection contingency plans.
- General Radiation Protection Services
- Prepares specific radiation protection procedures and/or manuals that match the client needs.
- Prepares annual radiation protection reports related to the client use of radiation sources.
- Provides expert advice and primary consultation in radiation protection and NDTs
- Conducts research projects related to the use of industrial and natural (NORM in oil sludge – scale and radon gas) radiation sources.
- Provides staff augmentation by providing (full and part-time Radiation Safety officers/technicians (to help our customers implement their radiation safety programs in their facilities.
- Performs radiation risk assessments for workers, the public and the environment.
- Evaluates the hazards associated with natural and man-made radiation sources.
- Carries out radiation dosimetry and monitoring (hospitals and the workplace).
- Investigates radiation incidents (ionizing and non-ionizing radiation).
- Selects purchases and maintains personal, area devices and protective equipment.